Published: May 1, 2017
We intentionally collect the personal information you provide to us. For example, if you make a donation, we collect (or our third party service provider collects on our behalf) your donation information, including name, email address, spouse’s/co-parent’s name, company, billing address, phone number, child’s name, child’s school, fund allocation information, any other information you voluntarily provided on the submission form as well as credit card or bank account information. We also collect information you provide us in newsletter sign-ups, feedback forms, and emails. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Site.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Site or in connection with our services. Specifically, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Site and services;
- provide services you request;
- process your donation payment;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you administrative information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- send you marketing information, including newsletters;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties; and
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
SCEF may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
We may create aggregate or de-identified information from your personal information. We may use this information for any purpose.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not trade, sell or share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- We may list your name and general donation amount in our annual report unless you have opted to be anonymous on the donation form when making the donation.
- We may share your name, address, and donation information with our third-party auditors solely for the purpose of their conducting a mandated audit.
- We may share your information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work.
- We may share your information in connection with or during the negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with any third party.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
SCEF takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from SCEF by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your donation or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information by emailing email@example.com
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
SCEF may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. Continued use of our Site, following such changes shall indicate your consent to be bound by such changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at:
San Carlos Education Foundation
PO Box 1214
San Carlos, CA 94070